I wrapped up 2009 by answering the following questions and thought I’d do the same for 2010.
1. What did you do in 2010 that you’d never done before?
Rode the Gautrain. Attended Fifa world cup matches. Watched soccer matches at fan parks. Cheered for my team outdoors in -2 degree weather. Learned how to blow a vuvuzela.
2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don’t do new years’ resolutions.
3. How will you be spending New Year’s Eve?
Probably the same way I spent it last year – sitting online and watching the countdown on www.google.co.za, eagerly awaiting for virtual fireworks to explode on my LED screen. Rad.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?
An LED TV, which might happen sooner, rather than later 😉
7. What date from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Waking up at 4:30am on 8 June 2010, in the middle of winter to catch the inaugural Gautrain ride from Sandton to OR Tambo International. Although I only caught a much later train, it was worth it. Also, 11 June 2010.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Being given the chance to run My Digital Life. And being told “I like the way you think” by our company CEO.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Expecting results that never came.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I pulled a shoulder/neck muscle, which was very painful.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
My Fiat 500 😀
12. Where did most of your money go?
Medical aid, credit card payments, gadgets.
13. What song will always remind you of 2010?
14. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Maybe food blog.
15. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Wasting weekends sitting indoors.
16. What was your favourite TV program?
The Big Bang Theory [same as last year].
17. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
I don’t hate people. I just hate their habits.
18. What was the best book you read?
I started several…
19. What was your greatest musical discovery?
I’m gonna have to cheat with this one and change it to my most listened to album for the year: Kick-Ass soundtrack.
20. What was your favourite film of this year?
21. What did you do on your birthday?
Spent the whole day being grumpy because I felt old.
22. What kept you sane?
As always – listening to music.
23. Who did you miss?
A friend, who’s around but it hasn’t been feeling like that.
24. Who was the best new person you met?
I met an Internet friend redsaid, or as she is called in another world, Rachel. Yeah, I know, I cheated with this one, too.
25. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010:
Don’t speed… it costs a fortune when you get caught.