1. What did you do in 2011 that you’d never done before?
Lived in a country that doesn’t speak English as a first language for 2 weeks – Taiwan. Dressed up as a zombie ballerina for a professional photoshoot for Aasia‘s birthday – it was loads of fun.
2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don’t make resolutions.
3. How will you be spending New Year’s Eve?
Currently, I don’t have any plans.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
My grandmother 🙁
5. What countries did you visit?
Kenya, Taiwan, China & Zambia.
6. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011?
7. What date from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
9th July – the day my grandmother passed away, which is also my wedding anniversary.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
My Digital Life making it through the financial year.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not growing My Digital Life’s traffic enough.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I always pull a neck muscle around winter, which is so bad that I can’t check my blind spot, so I can’t drive.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
12. Where did most of your money go?
Macbook Air and cost of living for 2 weeks in Taiwan, hence no New York trip.
13. What song will always remind you of 2011?
Someone Like You – Adele.
14. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Spending time away from my laptop.
15. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Spending time in front of my laptop.
16. What was your favourite TV program?
I enjoyed Shameless and Game of Thrones.
17. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
18. What was the best book you read?
Steve Jobs autobiography – but still reading.
19. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Deadmau5 (mostly because he came to South Africa).
20. What was your favourite film of this year?
21. What did you do on your birthday?
Was taken for a surprise dinner (okay it came out shortly before I left home) to Bukhara – my dad was up in Jo’burg too.
22. What kept you sane?
23. Who did you miss?
24. Who was the best new person you met?
I met lots of people while traveling.
25. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2011:
To be grateful for everything I have because there are others who are always worse off.