This is the advice I have for my kid(s):
- If you lose your cellphone, sorry for you. That’ll teach you to be more responsible.
- If you overspent your allowance, don’t come to me for more.
- If anyone in your class steals your candy, suck it up and stand up to them. Use your fists.
- If you get your butt kicked in an online co-op, spend the next 24 hours practising. Real hard.
- If you even think about sneaking out of the house… well, you don’t want to know what will follow.
- If you find yourself forever on hold at Telkom / Vodacom / MTN call centres, stick it out. We all did.
- Don’t play with knives or fire.
- Don’t trust anyone who uses terms of endearments everytime they speak to you.
- Don’t get mad, get even. Ok kidding. Ok, well, depends on the situation 😛
- If you’re anything like me, you’ll follow your instincts, which is 92.6% accurate.
Yes, I’m aware that my husband will make a better parent 😉