Sony Mobile will bring the Xperia Tablet Z to the local market in July 2013, expanding its range water-resistant products.
The Xperia Z is the slimmest and lightest 10″ LTE tablet yet, measuring 6.9mm thin and weighing 495g. Pricing on the tablet is TBA.
Just like the flagship Xperia Z smartphone, the premium Android Jelly Bean tablet features an OmniBalance design and is waterproof. It runs on a Snapdragon S4 quad core processor, has a full HD display, an 8-megapixel rear & 2-megapixel HD front-facing camera, has four speaker “halls” on both sides with 3D surround sound, and has Sony’s own “battery stamina” mode, which improves standby time.
The tablet includes Sony’s “one-touch” functions that lets users share content seamlessly from tablet to TV, tablet to speakers, or phone to tablet, via NFC.
- 10.1” HD 1920x1200p WUXGA Display with Mobile BRAVIA Engine 2
- S-Force Front Surround 3D
- LTE, 3G and WiFi connectivity
- The world’s thinnest design at 6.9 mm and lightweight at 495g for 10.1” water resistant tablet
- Dust and water resistant (IP55 & IP57) with a durable glass front display
- Snapdragon S4 Pro processor with 1.5GHz asynchronous quad CPUs and 2GB RAM
- One-touch connectivity with Near Field Communication (NFC)
- A unique OmniBalance design with subtly rounded edges and smooth reflective surfaces
- 8 MP rear camera featuring “Exmor R for mobile” and Superior Auto plus 2MP HD front camera
- 16GB internal memory plus optional Micro SD card (Up to 32GB).
- Battery STAMINA mode further improves the standby time.