1. What did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before?
Posted a video of myself on YouTube.
2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don’t do new year’s resolutions, find them totally pointless. Why wait for a particular time in the year to change who you are when you can do it anytime?
3. How will you be spending New Year’s Eve?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
None this year, but my list is long with Italy being right on top.
6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
Patience. I could always do with more patience.
7. What date from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
The day my nephew Zayd was born, 7 January. Other than that, the year hasn’t been that eventful.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Being offered a role at work that involves creativity, management and a lot of hard work.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Letting a friendship die.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Does having my wisdoms removed under local anesthetic count?
11. What was the best thing you bought?
12. Where did most of your money go?
MacBook Pro, hahaa. Paying off credit cards and bills.
13. What song will always remind you of 2009?
14. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Being social? Nah.
15. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Spend a lot of time indoors. Nah.
16. What was your favourite TV program?
The Big Bang Theory.
17. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
I don’t hate people, I just pretend they don’t exist.
18. What was the best book you read?
I can’t say, it’s not yet published.
19. What was your greatest musical discovery?
I wouldn’t say “greatest” but I really like Korpiklaani.
20. What was your favourite film of this year?
21. What did you do on your birthday?
My birthday fell on a Monday so I was spoilt the whole day on the Sunday.
22. What kept you sane?
23. Who did you miss?
My two sisters who live 570km away.
24. Who was the best new person you met?
I don’t make friends easily; nobody stands out. This excludes people from teh interwebs.
25. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009:
Always double check your flight times.
I took this meme from the Sunday Stealing blog.
Welcome to Wired to the Web. My name is Nafisa Akabor and I’m a technology journalist covering business and consumer tech for the last 13 years. I’m passionate about start-ups, smartphones, mobile payments, travel tech and electric cars. I’m usually unashamedly taking food photos (@nafisaeats on IG).