Facebook has released another book for international women’s month, called LeadHers: Life Lessons from African Women. The previous book was called Inspiring Changemakers: Lessons from Life and Business.
The social media giant says it is a collection of beautifully inspired stories and life advice from 19 women who are breaking boundaries in fields such as media, entertainment, politics, education and business.
“The book provides inspirational real-life stories for future generations and young leaders. Each chapter focuses on a personal experience and life lesson around how these women have navigated their path to success, alongside the challenges they have had to overcome along the way.”
The purpose of ‘LeadHERs: Life Lessons from African Women’ according Facebook is aimed at encouraging, inspiring and guiding the reader – no matter the background, age or ambition.
The book is brought to life through a series of beautifully illustrated artwork specially commissioned from four female artists from across the continent – Massira Keita from Côte d’Ivoire, Lulu Kitololo from Kenya, Karabo Poppy from South Africa, and Awele Emili from Nigeria.
The women featured in ‘LeadHERs: Life Lessons From African Women’, include:
- Elizabeth Akua Ohene – Journalist and Politician [Ghana]
- Alice Nkom – Lawyer and Human Rights Activist [Cameroon]
- Tecla Chemabwai – Athlete and Educator [Kenya]
- Baratang Miya -Tech entrepreneur and CEO [South Africa]
- Hindou Oumarou Ibrahim – Global Activist [Chad]
- Dr Judy Dlamini – Entrepreneur, Author and Philanthropist [South Africa]
- Hawa Sally Samai – Founder, CEO and Campaigner [Sierra Leone]
- Bethlehem Tilahun Alemu – Founder and CEO [Ethiopia]
- Lelemba Phiri – Entrepreneur, Investor, Educator [Zambia]
- Temi Giwa-Tubosun – Founder and CEO [Nigeria]
- Vanessa Hau Mdee – Media personality, Musician and Podcaster [Tanzania]
- Monica Musonda – Lawyer, Entrepreneur and CEO [Zambia]
- Saran Kaba Jones – Founder and CEO [Liberia]
- Kalista Sy – Showrunner and Screenwriter [Senegal]
- Yvonne Okwara – Journalist and News Anchor [Kenya]
- Tara Fela-Durotoye – Entrepreneur and CEO [Nigeria]
- Noella Coursaris Musunka – Model and Philanthropist [Democratic Republic of the Congo]
- Samantha ‘MisRed’ Musa – Media personality, Social Influencer and Philanthropist [Zimbabwe]
- Djamila Ferdjani – Doctor and Entrepreneur [Niger]
The book is available for free digitally (link below) or physically through the 5000 copies printed. It will be distributed through FB’s local training partners like She Leads Africa, Fate Foundation, DigifyAfrica, Siyafunda, Smart Ecosystems for Women and cCHub across 15 countries.
Welcome to Wired to the Web. My name is Nafisa Akabor and I’m a technology journalist covering business and consumer tech for the last 14 years. I’m passionate about start-ups, smartphones, mobile payments, travel tech and electric cars. ✉️ email@example.com