When you have a 16GB handset that’s used primarily to take photos, you eventually realise how precious space is. I’m now left with a single screen of apps. It did take me a while to get used to not scrolling through home screens out of habit. Weeks later and I don’t regret deleting those apps.
I made the decision based on if I used the app within the last 3 months. I kept the (in)frequently used app like Speedtest because, what if I end up in South Korea one day? 😉
Now that I’ve kept things to a bare minimum, I’d like to share what apps I use most often. This excludes social networks (I don’t even download Facebook on test phones anymore), and messaging apps.
1. FNB – used to buy airtime, data and do banking. Oh and for geopayments (still doesn’t get old).
2. Camera+ – this is the best photo editing app on iOS.
3. Zomato – I like writing restaurant reviews on the app vs. the web since it supports picture uploading.
4. Flipboard – best way to catch up on feeds on a mobile handset.
5. Google Maps – I mostly have a love hate relationship with all navigation apps because they’re all suck at some point.
Care to share your most used apps that are not messaging and social networks?
Welcome to Wired to the Web. My name is Nafisa Akabor and I’m a technology journalist covering business and consumer tech for the last 15 years. I’m passionate about start-ups, smartphones, mobile payments, travel tech and electric cars. ✉️ firstname.lastname@example.org