Comic Con Africa in Johannesburg is continuously expanding its line-up. In addition to StreetCon, there will also be all things boardgames.
There will be tournaments and friendly games taking place at the four day festival from 22-25 September at the Johannesburg Expo Centre in the south.
In a release, the company says this year’s tabletop gaming section at Comic Con Africa will feature amazing tournaments and competitions as well as shops where visitors can purchase collectables, trading card games, and other tabletop games.
Planned activities include:
- Ticket to Ride Tournament – 22 September 2022
- Pokemon – 23 September 2022
- Magic the Gathering – 24 September 2022
- Official release of Kick starter (Dungeon Brah) – 24 September 2022
- Yu-Gi-Oh! – 25 September 2022
- Star Wars and Marvel Miniatures Competitions and Activities – 22-25 September 2022
- Boardgame demo’s/Learn to Play – 22-25 September 2022
- EXIT – The Game: Scavenger Hunt – 22-25 September 2022
- Dungeons and Dragons – 22-25 September 2022
More details will be released in the coming weeks. The above schedule is subject to change.
Part of tabletop gaming being part of ComicCon is through Unplug Yourself, who will be hosting boardgame parties ahead of Comic Con. The schedule is as follows:
- July 23rd: The Unseen Shoppe and Durbanville Games
- July 30th: Sword and Board and Timeless Boardgames
- Aug 6th: Battle Bunker Paarl and Nexus Hub
- Aug 13th: Top Deck and Fanaticus Boardgames
- Aug 20th: The Unseen Shoppe
- Aug 27th: Battle Bunker Paarl and Timeless Boardgames
- Sep 3rd: Durbanville Games and Nexus Hub
- Sep 10th: Fanaticus Games and Top Deck
The company also adds that whether you’re in the Western Cape or in Jozi, remember that games will vary per venue.
The likes of ‘5 Second Rule’, ‘Qwirkle’, ‘Pandemic’, ‘Happy Salmon’, and ‘Exploding Kittens’, are just some of the incredible board games to be played. There will prizes up for grabs at these parties.
More info here: https://comicconafrica.co.za/table-top-gaming/
Welcome to Wired to the Web. My name is Nafisa Akabor and I’m a technology journalist covering business and consumer tech for the last 15 years. I’m passionate about start-ups, smartphones, mobile payments, travel tech and electric cars. ✉️ firstname.lastname@example.org